Anesthesiology Transcription Services for Healthcare Providers
Anesthesiology transcription involves the transcription of anesthesia reports related to general anesthesia, regional anesthesia, local anesthesia and monitored anesthesia care. Anesthesiologists require the transcripts of their dictations in a timely manner to ensure appropriate care for their patients. Medical transcription companies provide reliable anesthesiology transcription services in keeping with individual physician requirements, enabling them to monitor their patients and provide the best care.
Transcription services are available for small scale dispensaries as well as acute care centers, healthcare clinics, individual physicians, rehabilitation centers and group practices.
Anesthesiology Transcription – the Process
Anesthesiologists can dictate via a dedicated toll free number, or into a handheld digital recorder. The audio files are sent to the anesthesiology transcription company through secure FTP or encrypted, browser-based transfer. Transcriptionists assigned to do the job log in to the secure server, download the files, listen to them and produce accurate transcripts. Reputable transcription companies ensure high quality, accurate and consistent results at affordable pricing. To ensure superior quality transcripts they utilize the latest advanced technology resources and trained, professional staff comprising transcriptionists, editors and proofreaders. Advanced electronic medical dictionaries are also used to ensure accuracy in the transcripts. The transcripts are put through a stringent quality assurance procedure and the final output is sent to the clients, via secure file transfer methods.
What to Look for in a Service Provider
Precision is important in transcription because the smallest error can have dire consequences on the patient. So make sure to associate only with a medical transcription company that has an excellent reputation and a flawless track record. Here are some of the other aspects to consider.
- Ideally, the transcriptionists should be knowledgeable in anesthesia terminology, abbreviations used and the procedures. They should also be familiar with medical jargon that is commonly used.
- It is best to choose a company that can assign a dedicated team to handle your project.
- Your service provider should be able to meet your turnaround time requirements.
- Look for a company that can ensure customized, scalable services.
- They should have a foolproof QA system to ensure accuracy and excellent quality in the transcripts.
- Secure file transfer systems
- The company should be HIPAA compliant to provide security to your healthcare data.
- Round the clock support
- Cost savings and competitive pricing
Anesthesiology transcription services for healthcare providers must be obtained from a reliable provider. Apart from enabling more organized and efficient functioning, competent service providers make it possible for healthcare entities to focus more on patient care and related services.