While some think healthy eating is limited to the choice of ingredients and the types of food we eat. More and more people are coming to realize the importance of using the right cooking vessel to prepare food. There are three main reasons why the…
Nature provides everything healthy to mankind – food, air, water or anything else, it's our actions that pollute and make it toxic. The growing popularity of organic and naturally grown food is proof that people are slowly becoming aware of this fact – that the…
Eating nutritionally lacking food is as good as eating no food at all. Even if you’re making sure your food is rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and other nutrients, there is a great chance it loses nutritional value before eating it.
Few people are aware that most of the nutrients in food are lost while cooking if the cookware is not made of the right material. It happens in the following three ways:
- Conventional cookware (metals or ceramic) leach toxins into food while cooking. At cooking temperature, metals like Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Titanium, Cast Iron etc., leach ions and react with food — a biochemical entity, with heat acting as a catalyst. As a result, food gets contaminated and becomes unhealthy. These toxins cause serious health issues in the long run ranging from short-term illnesses to chronic diseases.
- Also, heat from these pots is destructive to the delicate nutritional cells in food. Touch a metal pan five minutes into heating, it burns your skin and leaves a scar, food is made of the same tissue and is subject to damage while cooking.
- The steam has to be released through a vent before you open the lid. So, the water-soluble nutrients evaporate. This is another way nutrients are lost.
You can check your cookware at home with a simple alkaline baking soda test to see if it’s leaching toxins into your food.
How is Pure Clay different?
Pure clay is 100% safe and healthy for making cookware as it is made from primary clay – clay without natural contaminants. The following features of pure clay pots ensure food cooked in them is healthy:
- These pots do not leach any chemicals or metals into food while cooking.
- They cook with a unique far-infrared heat that penetrates deep into the grains without damaging them. This heat is food-friendly and cooks gently thus keeping the nutrients intact.
- This healthy cookware has excellent steam management properties. The ergonomically designed pot & lid uniquely allow steam to circulate inside and let food cook with its own steam pressure. The straight walls of the pot, its concentric circles, the inner flute on the lid and a cool underside of knob allow for steam to rise, get condensed and drop right back into the pot. This prevents water-soluble nutrients to evaporate as steam like in conventional metal/ceramic cookware.
All these great features make food nutritionally rich and truly healthy for you and your family. No more worries about toxins entering your food or losing nutrients, choose healthy pure clay cookware today and enjoy healthy food for the rest of your life.
I just love healthy cooking – not just for a variety of nutrition-rich recipes but also for the satisfaction that I get from making them – that I am feeding healthy food to my family. The choice of ingredients is very important when it comes…
Believe it or not there is a strong connection between cooking healthy food and the cookware you're using. Depending on the pot the food cooked in it turns our either depleted– lacking in nutrients and toxic or nutritionally dense and 100% non-toxic. Let's see how…
The foundation for a healthy life is embedded in providing the body healthy food. A well-balanced diet every day is the key to keeping your body functions efficient. While you may be on a wholesome balanced diet, there is one other factor that can steal the nutrients and make your food toxic – your cookware. Thus, in order to cook nutritious food, you need healthy cookware as much as you need healthy ingredients.
What’s Wrong with Conventional Cookware:
The body can eliminate the natural bad that you ingest with food but toxins in food is another thing. Toxins leaching from conventional cookware contaminate your food and start accumulating in blood, tissues and organs. Over time it compromises the immune system and lays the foundation for various health problems.
How Does This Leaching Happen?
Metals and ceramics are the most commonly used materials for making cookware these days. While metals are naturally reactive, ceramics are laden with chemicals that contain metal oxides and glazed with paint-like substances that have their own side-effects. As much as they are attractive to the eyes they are harmful to the body.
While cooking, the metal ions and chemicals leach by reacting to the bio-chemicals in the food. These toxins then replace essential nutrients in cells all over the body. These dysfunctional cells cause detrimental changes in organs and result in dangerous diseases.
Equally Bad Is What Happens to The Foods Nutrients:
The heat from metal/ceramic cookware is harsh and destroys delicate nutrients, further depleting essential nutrients. When the body is fed with such nutritionally depleted diet, it not only gets weak but fails to overcome the bad effects of toxins. In this way, the wrong cookware can greatly reduce the health value of food and make it toxic.
Truly Healthy Lifestyle Calls for Healthy Cookware
If you are hoping to live a truly healthy lifestyle, you need a truly healthy cookware. History teaches us that the healthiest cookware used for the longest of time was made from clay. Unglazed primary clay (or pure clay) with absolutely no chemical content is ideal for making naturally healthy cookware.
Pure clay is completely inert and doesn’t leach anything into your food. It’s unique far infrared heat is good for delicate nutrients and cooks without damaging them. It is by far the only natural cookware that tends to remove toxins from food while cooking instead of adding more to it. By using such healthy cookware, you can make sure that your food is rich in nutrition and free from toxins – just the way it’s needed for a healthy lifestyle.
So as you plan your healthy lifestyle make sure you keep healthy cookware in mind so the food you have prepared with care can remain healthy and nutritious by the end of the cooking process.
What makes your food healthy? The presence of life-sustaining nutrients like vitamins, minerals, protein, carbohydrates and so much more … but have you ever considered what role your cookware plays? Studies have found that popular metal and ceramic cookware not only affect the nutritional value…